FAQ | Frequently Asked Questions

Many of the most frequently asked questions are listed below for your convenience.  If you have a question or would like to speak with us personally, please feel free to call or email anytime.
Phone: 559-337-2349
Email: info@hartlandcamp.com

Q: How do I get information about renting Hartland's facilities for our own retreat?
A: Fill out an information request. CLICK HERE and we will get back to you.

Q: What is the elevation of Hartland?
A: The Hartland pond is right around 4,500ft altitude.

Q: How do I sign up for a Hartland Sponsored Camp, like Summer Camp?
A: If your church is registering you will sign up and work directly with them.  If you're coming as a family or individual, register online. CLICK HERE.

Q: How do I know what the weather will be like and if I will need snow chains?
A: You can view the current weather conditions and forecast online CLICK HERE or check out our WEBCAM.  The roads are plowed and maintained by Tulare County who also may put Chains Required signs up.

Q: Does Hartland offer wifi for guests?
A: Internet access is very limited in our area. For this reason, we are not able to offer wifi. That being said, a big part of the Hartland experience is to get away from the business of day-to-day life and focus on Jesus. Perhaps a short break from work, social media, and email is just what's needed.

Q: Will my cell phone work at Hartland?
A: Cell phone service is also very limited in our area. Those with Verizon service do manage to find spotty service around camp if they stand in just the right place and hold their head at a certain angle.

Q: How do I pay for camp?
A: If you're attending with your church, you will make payment to them directly - Your church will then pay Hartland.  If you are coming up as an individual without a church, you can pay over the phone with your Visa or MasterCard by calling 559-337-2349 during normal business hours or via check. Make checks payable to Hartland Christian Camp and mail to 57611 Eshom Valley Drive, Badger, CA 93603.

Q: Can I come to a family camp with my boyfriend/girlfriend or fiancé?
A: While family camp is designed for married couples and their children, we welcome engaged or dating couples to come and stay in separate housing. Click HERE to learn more about Hartland's definition of a married couple, derived from scripture (item #6).

Q: Who do I speak to about special dietary needs?
A: Please see our food guidelines found HERE or contact our Food Service Department directly by phone at 559-337-2349 ext. 108 or email foodservice@hartlandcamp.com.

Q: Does Hartland have a policy regarding pets?
A: Yes. Pets are not allowed at camp. This includes emotional support animals.

Q: How can I submit my child's medical release form for a youth camp?
A: Medical release forms can be completed via our online registration system once you register your child as an individual or with a group.  If you prefer, a PDF version can be printed and faxed to 559-337-2251. 

Q: Where can I see photos of my child when they are at camp?
A: Photos are uploaded as soon as possible and can be found on our social media sites such as Facebook. See a full list of our social media sites HERE.  You can also find social media links at the very top of this page. Photos from all our program camps are posted HERE.

Q: Where can I send other questions that I need help with?
A: Email info@hartlandcamp.com or call us at 559-337-2349. You can also use the search box at the top right of this page.

Q: Does Hartland offer scholarships for those who need financial assistance to attend camp?
A: Yes. We do offer Camperships and you can apply HERE.

Q: What are your normal business hours?
A: Our office is generally open between 8 am-12 pm and 1 pm-5 pm seven days a week, excluding major holidays.  The best thing to do is to give us a call.

Q: Where can I send donations?
A: Please visit our donation page HERE. Check: Make checks payable to Hartland Christian Camp and mail to 57611 Eshom Valley Drive, Badger, CA 93603. You can also make donations over the phone by calling 559-337-2349 or you can purchase needed items. Click HERE to see a list of camp needs.

Q: What are Hartland's policies regarding smoking and drinking?
A: Hartland maintains a smoke free environment, including e-cigarettes. No smoking is permitted in guest rooms, cabins, meeting rooms, or public areas (Those needing to smoke may only do so in their own vehicles). No alcoholic beverages or illegal narcotics are permitted.

Q: Can I rent a room at Hartland for myself or my family?
A: Hartland operates as a ministry and rents rooms specifically for Hartland sponsored events or groups. Anyone is welcome to sign up for one of our many sponsored events, click HERE to see a full list of events. Groups of 25 or more who are in alignment with Hartland's statement of faith are welcome to rent Hartland's facilities for their own events - click HERE to learn more. 

Q: What is Hartland's philosphy of ministry?
A: Hartland Christian Camp is a conservative, Bible-based camp seeking to partner with like-minded Christian churches and ministries in spreading the Good News, that salvation comes only through faith in Jesus Christ. You can view our full statement of faith HERE. We desire that every camper be introduced to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord while at camp. The goal being to make disciples committed to knowing, living, and sharing a compelling faith. Everything we do, from worship to recreation and everything in between, is designed with this goal in mind.

Q: What are Hartland's policies regarding sick campers?
A: Hartland asks that campers who are ill, exhibiting symptoms of illness, or still contagious from past illness not come to camp.  Youth Pastors and Leaders should not knowingly bring an ill camper to an event.  Parents of sick campers will be contacted for pick up in such cases.  Soap is provided in all restrooms and hand sanitizer stations are located prior to entry to the dining hall.